RECORDED TRAINING COURSE 1 CEU HRCI APPROVED
Garnishments are a requirement of doing business and having employees but juggling the requirements of different types of garnishments and federal and state laws can be exhausting. This webinar will give you the tips and tools to know how to stay compliant and process garnishments accordingly.
We will talk about all the recent updates to Garnishment legislation due to the COVID-19 pandemic that includes what garnishments should be stopped what should continue etc. Along with challenges and risks employers hold when not properly handling garnishments. Will review the impact to garnishments due to the recent tax reform and COVID-19 legislation.
- Child Support Review
- Employer Responsibility/Employee Protections
- Priority of Withholding/Multiple Orders
- Child Support withholding requirements
- Defining Income/Calculating disposable pay
- Lump-Sum Payments
- Calculating Child Support Payments
- When to remit payments
- Administrative fees
- Handling terminated employees
- E-IWO (electronic income withholding orders)
- Other Child Support Concerns
- Medical Support Orders
- Details of State Requirements
- Levy Review:
A) Federal Tax Levies
- Calculating deductions
- Special Situations
- Remittance Requirements
- Voluntary Deductions
B) Other Federal Garnishments/CARES Act
C) State Tax Levies
- State Laws
- Creditor Garnishments
Why You Should Attend:
- Better understanding the employer responsibilities
- How to properly calculate Garnishment deductions? According to the law or the order or a little bit of both?
- Review of lump-sum reporting requirements and how to comply
- Proper order of garnishment priority when an employer receives multiple orders.
- How to determine which law to follow state or federal?
- Understanding the CARES act and how it affects student loan garnishments
- What is the IRS saying about federal tax levies during the COVID-19 national emergency
Who Should Attend:
- Accounting Managers
- Payroll Managers
- Human Resource Professionals
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of live webinar).