Types of Information Collected and Uses of that Information
We collect two types of information about users of the website: Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific user. When you engage in certain activities on the website, such as ordering e-mail newsletters, joining a limited-access premium site, or purchasing products or services (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself (often is limited to e-mail address, country or location, but may include other information when needed to fulfill your request or order). It is optional for you to engage in these activities. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
- Course Ministry will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Course Ministry or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Course Ministry and its family of Web sites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Course Ministry, its Web sites, or the public.
- We use Personally Identifiable Information to provide services to you. For example, if you register for an account on the website with a valid access code, you will be able to access certain content (subject, of course, to the Terms & Conditions). Or, if you send our customer service an email, we will use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to your email. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to perform marketing activities, troubleshoot, resolve disputes, accomplish administrative tasks, enforce our agreements with you, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. In addition, your personal information is also used to keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services of Course Ministry and selected third parties.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific user. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website you visited before coming to the website, the URL of the website you visit after leaving the website, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol address. We, and/or authorized third-party service providers may automatically collect this information when you visit the Site through the use of electronic tools like Cookies and Web beacons or Pixel tags, as described below.
We may use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to administer the website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities.
Release of Personally Identifiable Information
We will not will fully share your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
- We may share your information with Affiliated Businesses: We may provide some services or products jointly with other businesses. These are known as “Affiliated Businesses.” We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with an Affiliated Business so that we and the Affiliated Business can provide the requested services to you. For example, we may host a special event with the assistance of a sponsor. If you provide Personally Identifiable Information to register to attend such event, we will share your Personally Identifiable Information with the sponsor. This sharing of information would allow an Affiliated Business to market directly to you; however, we will only share this information if you engage in an Identification Activity.
- We may share your information with Third-Party Service Providers: We may provide some of our services through third-parties. These “Third-Party Service Providers” perform functions on our behalf, like processing credit card payments. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such service providers in order to process credit card payments, send postal or email or provide customer service. We encourage Third-Party Service Providers to adopt privacy policies, but the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties.
Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties in order to track and analyze website usage and volume information, administer the website, and improve its quality. We may also publish Non-Personally Identifiable Information for promotional purposes.
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide Personally Identifiable Information, although it may be required to engage in certain activities on the Site.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails that we may send to advertise our services and/or the services of our affiliates. You cannot, however, opt out of “administrative” emails— emails that relate to your activity on the Site, such as a response to your request for technical support. If you do not want us to send you promotional emails, email us or write us at the address found below. Please note that opting out of our promotional emails will only affect future communications.
Updating and Correcting Information
If you need to update or correct any of your Personally Identifiable Information, please email to us.
Automatic Tracking of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Cookies: To facilitate and customize your experience with the website, we may store cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer for record-keeping purposes which contains information about you. Cookies allow website operators to collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information from you, like which pages you visited and what links you clicked on. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to modify your browser settings to decline cookies.
- Other Tracking Devices: We may use other industry-standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of the Site. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on the website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow website operators to measure and improve their understanding of visitor traffic and behavior, as well as give them a way to measure promotions and performance.
Privacy Policies of Third Party Sites
Security of Personal Information
We have strict information security and retention policies and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access.
Miscellaneous Privacy Issues
- Children: Minors under the age of thirteen may not use the Site. We do not collect or maintain information from anyone known to be under the age of thirteen, and no part of the website is designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
- Notice of Privacy Rights to California Residents: Under California law, users who are California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personally Identifiable Information (if any) that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request by email or standard mail at the address set forth below.
You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.