RECORDED TRAINING COURSE 1.5 CEUs HRCI Approved
The IRS requires employers to report wage and salary information for employees on Form W-2. Your W-2 also reports the amount of federal, state and other taxes withheld from your paycheck. As an employee, the information on your W-2 is extremely important when preparing your tax return. Sounds simple, doesn’t it?
There are 20 boxes on the W2, and 34 codes to use in box 12 alone. If your compensation structure includes benefits, are subject to FMLA, grant a myriad of cafeteria plan benefits, have employees who work in more than one state, etc…. this form is far from simple. There are changes almost every year of one sort or another, and even the most well maintained payroll systems can miss some important edits.
This can result in the forms being kicked back, which results in penalties and interest assessed on each W2 filed late. Further, if what’s on them doesn’t match your employees’ tax returns, they face penalties and even audits. Join Mark Schwartz for this important webinar, so you can review your system for the latest updates and compliance issues.
- We will break down the W2 box by box, detailing all payments that get reported.
- We will discuss form reporting requirements
- You will learn how to reconcile the W2 with the W3, 941, and other forms; incorporating all changes made to payroll amounts during the calendar year.
- You will be able to assist employees with their inevitable questions about the numbers on their form W2.
Why You Should Attend:
- Incorporate What’s New for 2020
- Revise General Guidelines to Ensure You are in Full Compliance
- The W2 Box by Box – What payments go where
- Common Errors on W-2s – avoid these to avoid kickback
- Special Situations that affect most employers.
- Know where to go for more complete information.
- How to Reconcile to W3 and 941s
Who Should Attend:
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Tax Managers
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll professionals
- HR Professionals
- CFO, CPA
- Accounting Managers
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of live webinar).