RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM APPROVED
The importance of a company having accurate financial statements is critical, in the ever-changing world we live in we can relax our guard against fraud. Payroll plays a huge part in protecting a company’s financial statements even during such world events. These outside factors have impacted payroll departments such as working from home, and spam emails appearing to be from leaders within an organization that is looking for confidential information to employee direct deposit changes that are not valid.
This webinar will help the participant defend against fraud, and lack of knowledge from staff shortages in the payroll area.
- Payroll Fraud Statistic’s-How big of a problem is it?
- How does payroll fraud occur? Internal and External Factors
- Preventing Payroll Fraud
- Internal Controls
- Tools (Process Maps, Business Continuity Plans, Process Documentation
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Requirements
- Ethical Business Practices
- Learn about current fraudulent activity and how it is impacting companies
- Details around statistics of how often payroll fraud occurs
- Tools to have better processes and controls in place to prevent fraud
- To gain the legal rules around detecting and deferring payroll fraud. Will review tools that companies can use to make sure that fraud can be deterred or detected immediately
Why You Should Attend:
Participant will gain tools to reduce or eliminate the chances of payroll fraud, understanding laws that can affect payroll fraud and how to handle them. Will also review the Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements for publicly traded companies and how they are intended to reduce payroll fraud. The speaker will review with participant current fraud trends that are targeting payroll departments and how to protect employee’s and company’s data. Discussion on how to keep confidential information confidential during such a crazy time in the world.
Who Should Attend:
- Tax Preparers
- Human Resources Professionals
- Payroll Professionals
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Course Ministry is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
“HR Certification Institute’s® (https://www.hrci.org) official seal confirms that Course Ministry meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.”