RECORDED TRAINING COURSE 1.5 CEUs HRCI Approved
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented challenging wage and hour questions for employers. The federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and corresponding state wage and hour laws are not on hold during the pandemic.
In addition to FLSA obligations, decisions regarding wage and hour could trigger nondiscrimination laws, health and safety laws, leave and accommodation laws, and state-specific laws. The webinar clarifies some common questions about how to handle pay for workers when they can’t physically come to work.
- Closures, pay deductions and impact on pay for exempt vs non-exempt employees
- Voluntary or mandatory telework arrangements and wage and hour obligations
- Can you require employees to use PTO during closures?
- Obligations toward employees under government-imposed quarantine
- Teleworking and workers’ comp
- Teleworking and OSHA
- Obligations toward contingent workers (“temps”)
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND:
In this webinar, we will discuss the US Department of Labor’s recently-published guidance and other practical points related to ensuring that you meet your wage and hour obligations to your employees while the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Chief Executives
- Senior Management
- Human Resources
- Compensation Officers
- Business Owners
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of live webinar).