LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
This webinar will cover what the IRS looks at when auditing whether a worker is an employee or a contractor. We will cover the current “3-factor” standard the IRS uses, as well as the older “20-factor” standards. We will also discuss the relief options available if you get audited and the IRS reclassifies contractors as employees.
- The IRS’s current 3-factor test
- The older — but still referenced — 20-factor test
- Dealing with borderline situations — are they a contractor or are they an employee?
- Form SS-8 — what to do if an employee files one
- Why it’s important to know the difference between contractors and employees
- All the different ways you can get audited: IRS, DOL, and states (we focus on the IRS mostly in this webinar)
- IRS relief programs: Section 530; Section 3509; the voluntary compliance program
Why Should You Attend:
IRS audits on the subject of whether a worker is a contractor or an employee are on the rise. States are also increasing enforcement in this area. This webinar will help you tell the difference between a contractor and an employee and what to do if the IRS audits your business.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of live webinar).