RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM APPROVED
Understanding how to calculate tax for employees in 2 or more states can be confusing. Plus what state laws for payroll need to be followed when employing employees in more than one state.
The laws in each state and the tax guidance on how to determine taxation when employees live in one state and work in one or multiples states will be discussed. Concerns for employees that travel for work will be discussed, other state laws that affect payroll taxation will be discussed. This Webinar will cover withholding rules, reciprocity and residency definitions. To better understand the rules covered case studies will be reviewed.
- Reciprocity Agreements
- Resident/Non Resident Withholding Rules
- Evaluating taxation for multiple states
- What wages are subject to taxation?
- Withholding compliance issues.
- State Unemployment Insurance
- Traveling Employees
- Administrative Concerns
- HR Concerns
- Local tax residency rules
- Case Studies
Why You Should Attend:
- You will be able to recognize which state you pay unemployment taxes to.
- You will be able to explain resident/non resident withholding rules
- You will be able to explain reciprocity agreements
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues.
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.