1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM | 1 CPE NASBA APPROVED
This webinar covers payroll-related COVID-19 changes including the following Key Topics:
- The ability to defer payment on employer-side Social Security taxes.
- A tax credit for employers who meet the requirements for the Employee Retention Credit.
- A tax credit for paying mandatory sick leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
- New form 941 of Quarterly payroll filings, to account for these deferrals and credits
- A new form called Form 7200 can be used for claiming advance payments on the tax credits for qualified sick leave wages, qualified family wages, and employee retention credits
- We will talk about how all of these provisions and forms tie together. We will also discuss how Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loans enter into the mix on this.
- To review payroll-related COVID-19 relief provisions: deferral of Social Security tax, the ERC, and tax credits under the FFCRA.
- To recall revisions to Form 941.
- To determine how to claim credit in Families First Coronavirus Response Act for qualified sick leave wages, and qualified family leaves wages.
- To describe how a PPP loan ties into all of this.
- To discuss how deferral of employer-side Social Security tax works.
Why You Should Attend:
The IRS recently released a new version of Form 941 for the second quarter of 2022. This revised form will account for COVID-19-related tax credits, including the employee retention credit (ERC) and tax credits under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. We will cover the new Form 7200 for claiming advance payment of the tax credits, and how to reconcile on Form 941. This course will also review the ERC and FFCRA credits, as well as the ability to defer employer-side Social Security taxes. We will tie everything together with a case study that includes filling out forms.
Who Should Attend:
- Accounting Firm
- California Registered Tax Professional
- Certified Financial Planner
- Certified Payroll Manager
- CPA – Large Firm
- CPA – Mid Size Firm
- CPA – Small Firm
- Enrolled Agent
- HR Professionals
- Human Resources Manager
- Maryland Tax Preparers
- Oregon Tax Preparers
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner
- Tax Accountant (Industry)
- Tax Director (Industry)
- Tax Firm
- Tax Managers
- Tax Practitioners
- Tax Preparer
- Tax Pros
- Young CPA
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Course Ministry is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
“HR Certification Institute’s® (https://www.hrci.org) official seal confirms that Course Ministry meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.”
Course Ministry is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: https://www.nasbaregistry.org.