RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1.5 CEUs HRCI | 1.5 PDCs SHRM APPROVED
This webinar examines what the requirements are to correctly classify a worker as an independent contractor and also the requirements for when a worker must be classified as an employee.
- What classifications of workers are permitted under IRS Rules
- What is the common law rule and how is it used to determine worker status
- What are the three factors the IRS uses to determine worker status and how to apply them correctly
- How the FLSA rules differ from the IRS rules and why you must follow both
- How does the state trump both the IRS and the FLSA on determining independent contractor status with the ABC test for SUI
- What are the latest agreements or programs being used by the IRS, DOL, and the states to “find” misclassified employees
- Using the Form SS-8 to your advantage to determine worker status
- Who gets a W-2 and who gets a 1099 and why it should never be the same worker
- Find out how easily a 1099 audit can be triggered and why the chances of getting one are on the rise
- What are the penalties for misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor and who assesses them? It’s not just the IRS you have to worry about.
- You found out you have a misclassified employee-now what?
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.