RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1.5 CEUs HRCI | 1.5 PDCs SHRM APPROVED
Every company is empowered to design their own organizational structure by carving out engaging and compelling work, configuring teams, and supporting individual development and growth. Yet, when it comes to documenting the job functions – both essential and marginal – of each job position, leaders get confused and fail to do it “right.”
In this special training session, you will learn key topics in order to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). As you design jobs, you will also understand how to document your findings in a way that protects your company. At the same time, you will provide your employees with clear expectations when taking on new roles, support them during leaves of absence or compromised personal/health situations, and provide your leaders with basic tools to manage their direct reports.
- Describe requirements for employers under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC).
- Differentiate between essential job functions and marginal job functions.
- Define the importance of each type within a job description.
- Conduct a job analysis to identify each type of job function.
- Clarify who determines the essential functions of jobs.
- Review application of these concepts with case studies.
Why You Should Attend:
This course will provide you with practical information to determine the essential and marginal job functions for various positions in your organization. More importantly, it will help to ensure that your documents and processes are compliant with the ADA while supporting your employees and applicants in functional and engaging ways.
Who Should Attend:
- HR professionals, all levels
- Leaders, Managers, and Supervisors
- Small- and medium-size business owners
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.