RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1.5 CEUs HRCI | 1.5 PDCs SHRM APPROVED
Form W-2 is one of the most important documents that payroll departments must process. This webinar covers the IRS Form W-2 for 2022. We examine the requirements for completing and filing the form including a box-by-box explanation. The new lower thresholds for mandatory electronic filing will be reviewed. Best practices for completing and reconciling the form, handling duplicate requests from employees are also covered. When to use the correction Form W-2c is also discussed.
For the attendee to learn and understand the 2022 requirements for the Form W-2 including:
- Changes to the Form W-2 for 2022
- NEW! Lower electronic filing thresholds for 2022
- Line by line completion of the Form W-2
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941-best practices on when and why it must be done
- Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees—what is required to set up the program
- When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself
- Penalties for incorrect information have doubled and how that makes it imperative to verify employee names and social security number with the SSA database
Why You Should Attend:
In this webinar, our expert speaker will let you know what’s new in the 2022 W-2 form. She will cover the dependent care unit (Box 10), and also cover the discrepancies when reconciling Form W-2 and W-3 with Forms 941. All in all, this webinar will help you how to appropriately fill the form and how to avoid the penalties for which you can be accountable, such as failure to file and failure to furnish.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.