RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM APPROVED
Companies are providing more fringe benefits to employees than ever before, which increases company costs but raises employee morale. Because of this the IRS has more to say on which Fringe Benefits are taxable and which are not. The IRS puts a lot of regulation around how the fringe benefit is given for non-taxable fringe benefits. This webinar will provide guidance on how you can determine when a benefit becomes taxable.
- Review FMV (Fair Market Value) and how the IRS determines it.
- Discussion on No additional cost services, employee discounts, working condition fringe benefits & de minimis Fringe Benefits.
- Review qualified transportation benefits.
- Discuss several excludable fringe benefits such as Retirement planning, athletic facilities, achievement awards etc.
- Discuss fringe benefits that should be taxable.
- Review Moving/Relocation Expenses.
- Review executive taxation items, like spousal travel, company aircraft usage etc.
- Once a benefit is determined taxable, how to handle it.
- Current changes due to tax reform
- Learn FMV (Fair Market Value) and how the IRS determines it.
- Learn Moving/Relocation Expenses
- Learn qualified transportation benefits
Why You Should Attend:
Participants will walk away with a better understanding of the IRS views on fringe benefit taxation. The details of the IRC exceptions allowed by the IRS will be detailed and explained thoroughly. Participants will also be able to better identify and calculate the fair market value of fringe benefits for taxation purposes.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- HR Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.
Course Ministry is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
“HR Certification Institute’s® (https://www.hrci.org) official seal confirms that Course Ministry meets the criteria for pre-approved recertification credit(s) for any of HRCI’s eight credentials, including SPHR® and PHR®.”