RECORDED TRAINING COURSE APPROVED FOR HRCI: CREDITS 1.5
It is important if not critical for Employers to have an in-depth understanding of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) impacts their company. The ability to manage the idiosyncrasies of the processing of FMLA and how one processing failure can result in thousands of dollars in fines & penalties, auditing by the Department of Labor (DOL), cost of investigations, loss productivity and the cost of misuse by employees. In addition, statistics shows that over 61% of Employers have difficulty managing FMLA leave and intermittent leave.
When you add the complexities of other new mandatory regulations like leave/paid regulations, reasonable accommodation and currently or soon to be legally effective, the possibility of FMLA overlapping with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), Drug-Free Workplace, Legalized Marijuana, Alcohol and Substance Abuse Programs, and retaliation claims and how they impact with FMLA.
- Learn what regulatory agencies enforce FMLA processing and how you can protect yourself from being a target
- Learn how preparing your managers with compliance training can reduce your risk for high penalties as a good faith effort from FMLA violations
- Learn how FMLA overlaps with Legalized Marijuana when it comes to a drug-free workplace regulation
- Learn how Employers can mitigate all the regulations that impact FMLA regulations
- Learn how the ADA can help Employers with FMLA regulations
- Learn how to mitigate the new Paid Leave Regulations in state specific locations
- How does Reasonable Accommodation need to be addressed in FMLA decisions?
- Learn why Employers are at risk for FMLA allegations even when employees don’t ask for FMLA
- Learn how you can create a strategy that works when FMLA users abuse the process
- Yes, Employers can terminate employees who have performance issues who are on FMLA Leave as long as you follow certain steps
- Learn what tools can be used to streamline a difficult process and make it work for you
- Learn when using a third party administrators (TPA) is the best method of processing FMLA
- Learn what actions are prohibited by the FMLA
- Learn why Employers should ensure they pay health benefit premiums during FMLA even of the employee stops paying
- Learn how to manager intermittent leave during FMLA
- Access forms necessary to process FMLA as required
- And much more information to reduce your risk for violations
Why You Should Attend:
Based on FMLA missteps that costs Employers so much and impacts their day to day operations to navigate this process, Employers need to have an understanding of FMLA and what other current and new regulations are impacted by FMLA, and develop a fool proof process to mitigate these and other workplace compliance regulations.
No one promises (or shouldn’t promise) that any webinar will make an Employer and expert in FMLA compliance but with an efficient process, effective training for managers and HR professionals, checklists and tools that can reduce risk, after taking this comprehensive training, Employers will be able to mitigate the risk and get back to running your business successfully.
Who Should Attend:
- Employers of companies with 50 employees or more (or will be over 50 this year)
- Human Resources professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Business owners
- Professionals who handle employee relations issues
*Ask your question directly from our expert during the Q&A session following the live event.
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of live webinar).