RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Understanding how to calculate tax for employees in 2 or more states can be confusing. Plus what state laws for payroll need to be followed when employing employees in more than one state. To better understand the laws in each state and the tax guidance on how to determine taxation when employees live in one state and work in another. Or for employees that work in multiple states for travel for work. Also other state laws that affect payroll will be discussed.
- Telecommuting and why it creates a tax liability for employers
- Reciprocity Agreements
- Resident/Non Resident Withholding Rules
- Evaluating taxation for multiple states
- What wages are subject to taxation?
- Withholding compliance issues
- State Unemployment Insurance
- Traveling Employees
- Administrative Concerns
- HR Concerns
- Local tax residency rules
- Case Studies
Benefits of this Session:
- Review how to properly determine SUI state
- Understanding multi state taxation and how to properly review the laws to stay compliant
- Best practices on how other employers handle multi state concerns
- Discussion on relaxed state requirements due to COVID-19 and the need for employees to work from home.
- Review of trends for work from home policies and how handle multi state taxation.
Why You Should Attend:
This webinar will be tailored to employers that have a large amount of employees that may telecommute across state borders and how employers can manage the tax liability for those employees. Especially when these employees perform work in multiple states. Discussion on relaxed state requirements due to COVID-19 and the need for employees to work from home. Along with what laws have been relaxed during the pandemic and what hasn’t.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- HR Professionals
Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar).