RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
MISSED THE LIVE SESSION? No problem, Register for Recording. You will get access to recorded sessions within 6 hours.
You get lifetime access to the recording. You can watch any time as per your convenience, any number of times.
On December 5, 2019, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released the final 2020 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate.
Dec of 2017 The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was passed and it was one of the most significant tax changes in sometime. The change to the W-4 due to Tax reform will be the largest change to the form in US History. This webinar will prepare the payroll professional to understand the changes to the form W-4 for 2020 and how to calculate taxes in 2020. before these changes the Form W-4 was a critical form that all companies have to obtain from employees, that drives how federal income withholding tax is calculated.
A review of the IRS specific laws around processing of the Form W-4 and how they should be handled will be discussed. In this webinar expert speaker Dayna Reum will Review potential recent updates, discuss concerns around proper processing and your role in processing according to the IRS.
- Understanding the proper way to process a federal W-4
- What should be the proper process for an invalid W-4 in 2020
- Proper processing and maintenance of a IRS lock in letter
- Electronic W-4 requirements and what the new form means for employers with electronic W-4 systems
- Understanding the requirements around Form W-4 and how an employer can be at risk
- IRS Form W-4 change requirements and how it affects you as an employer
- Employer notification requirements and important deadlines for both Form W-4
- Review of how taxes will be calculated with the new form
- How non-resident alien processing has changed
- Discussion on what make the Form W-4 invalid
- Review and examples on the new ways to calculate federal taxation in 2020
- Best Practices on how employers can better communicate W-4 changes to employees
- W-4 Requirements
- Electronic W-4’s
- Completing the Form W-4
- Invalid Form W-4
- Exempt W-4 Processing
- W-4P & W-4S Forms
- Other W-4 guidance
- Lock in letters
- Substitute W-4
- Non-Resident Alien W-4 Processing
- 2020 IRS Draft Review
- What the 2020 draft form tells us about payroll taxation in 2020
Why you should Attend:
The IRS released new Publication 15-T which gave instruction on how the new form will impact taxation. A review of publication 15-T and the steps to completed federal tax withholding calculations will be reviewed. All IRS specific laws around processing of the Form W-4 will be discussed.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll professionals
- HR Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Tax Professionals
- Benefits Professionals
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answer from our expert speaker.