LIVE ONLINE TRAINING COURSE 1 CEUs HRCI Approved
This webinar will give a general overview of the types of deductions that employers take from an employee’s check. We will review the laws that surround all types of deductions you can take with or without employee consent along with the proper calculation of the deductions.
This webinar will give you the knowledge to be sure that how you process employee payroll deductions are in accordance with the law for both a federal and state level. COVID-19 updates will be included about student loans, the new Form 2159, etc.
- Benefits Deductions
- Before tax and after tax deductions
- Cafeteria 125 Deductions
- Garnishment Deductions
- Child support limits and beyond
- Federal and State Tax Levies
- Form 2159 and other COVID updates
- Student loan updates for 2020
- Creditor Garnishments
- Mandatory taxes versus courtesy taxation
- Employer Deductions
- Advances and Employee Loans
- Non- Cash overpayment legality
- Cash Drawer Shortage
- Federal and State law reviews
- Understanding the difference between a required tax deduction and tax deductions that the employer is not required to withhold
- Proper garnishment calculation based on the federal Consumer credit protection act
- How to properly refund before tax deductions
- What deductions require employee written consent
- What to be cautious of in regards to employee payroll deductions according to the State DOL
- Special IRS rules for Loan and Advances given to employees
Who Should Attend:
- Human resources Professionals
- Tax Managers
- Accounting Managers
Ask your question directly from our expert during the Q&A session following the live event.
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of live webinar).