RECORDED TRAINING COURSE SHRM APPROVED HRCI APPROVED
The IRS issued final regulations to update the federal income tax withholding rules and reflect changes made by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) and other legislation enacted since the rules were last revised. The final regulations adopted the proposed regulations with a few changes.
The final regulations amend the Employment Tax Regulations. The IRS issued the regulations to implement the TCJA’s tax law changes and to reflect the redesigned 2020 Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Certificate.
We will also discuss the IRS specific laws around the processing of Form W-4 and how they should be handled will be discussed.
- The basics of the new Form W-4
- Line-by-line through the new W-4
- What do employers do with the W-4?
- How is payroll calculated on the employer side?
- Key numbers for 2020
- Tax treatment of moving expenses
- Tax treatment of employee achievement awards
- IRS electronic filing mandate
- Changes relating to independent contractors, including the new Form 1099-MISc
Why Should You Attend:
This course will teach you about the new Form W-4, when it is used, who needs to use it, and what you as the employer do with the new form. We will also look at the withholding calculation from the employer side, and discuss what to do if an employee has an “old” W-4 already on file. We will cover other payroll changes for 2020 as well, including the new Form 1099-NEC for reporting contract-labor payments.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues.
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar).