RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1 CEU HRCI | 1 PDC SHRM | 1 CPE NASBA APPROVED
More companies are now expanding their recruiting worldwide to find the best talent, it is becoming more and more critical for payroll professionals to understand non-immigrant concerns and how it affects how we pay employees from taxes that need to be accounted for in the US and the foreign country.
As a payroll professional when you have been told by your HR department that they hired a new associate with an H1B visa, your response probably was ok so what does that mean?
Key topics covered in this course:
- Understanding Immigrant Visas
- I-94 Cards
- Types of Non-Work Visa
- Types of Work Visa
- COVID-19 Relaxation
- Types of Student Visa
- Non-Resident Alien Taxation
- Resident Alien Taxation
- US Citizens and Resident Aliens working abroad
- Tax Policies
- To analyze why HR and payroll must work together on anyone being hired that is on a visa status.
- To inspect the Visa process from how companies obtain a visa for a potential employee to how to handle employees already on visas when being hired.
- To discuss the taxation concerns for non-immigrant workers.
- To analyze what is an I-94 card and how to review them.
- To explain different types of work visas such as L-1, E, O, H-1, and TN/NAFTA.
- To explain details of different types of student visas such as F-1 & J-1.
- To analyze Tax Equalization and Tax Protection Plans.
- To discuss having a solid Hypothetical tax plan.
- To identify IRS Taxation rules for Non-Resident aliens.
- To analyze how tax treaties and tantalization agreements affect your payroll process.
Why You Should Attend:
Any individual who is not a resident of the United States is considered an Alien. To be a United States citizen, you must either pass a green card test or the substantial presence test. And as organizations are hiring beyond the border of countries, which is excellent in some sense, yet, it is giving headaches to your payroll departments. Determining their tax is an uphill task if your organization has employed non-resident aliens.
Join our expert speaker Dayna Reum for an in-depth look into the taxation of non-resident aliens, tax treaties, and what to withhold and not. Moreover, she will also talk about when you can withhold the tax. And, in what circumstances an individual may need to file dual-status income tax returns?
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.