RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Most HR and Benefits professionals would likely agree that when it comes to managing sick leave situations, it’s easier said than done. There seem to be obstacles every step of the way from establishing reduced work schedules, requesting physician certifications, and getting second opinions to recordkeeping, deciding whether to use the calendar year method or rolling twelve-month method for calculating the amount of leave available and all the steps in-between.
Legislation such as the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the newly-enacted American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) represent significant challenges for HR and benefits professionals, and one that, if not done correctly, invites employee abuse and potential legal liability for employers.
- Provisions of the Family & Medical Leave Act and the Families First Corona Virus Response Act (FFCRA)
- Provisions of the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA) and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (EFMLEA) under FFCRA
- The American Rescue Plan of 2021 (ARPA) – expanding and extending provisions of EPSLA and EFMLEA
- Changes to the Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation program (PEUC), the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Plan (PUA) and the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation Act (FPUC)
- The Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC), COBRA subsidies, Employee Retention credits, and Voluntary Paid Leave Programs under ARPA
- Updated FMLA forms
Why You Should Attend:
Are you familiar with the ins and outs of the FMLA, FFCRA and now the ARPA? Does your organization have a thorough policy in place that covers all of the situations you might face in administering those 3 pieces of legislation?
Don’t get caught unprepared. Your organization could end up in a tangled legal web of non-compliance if you’re not familiar with the intricacies of those pieces of legislation. Participants will gain a better understanding of the FMLA, FFCRA and the ARPA and learn how to eliminate confusion. Join us for this informative and insightful webinar that will assist you in minimizing the risks to your organization associated with sick and paid leave regulations.
Who Should Attend:
- Senior leadership
- Human Resources Professionals
- Operations Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- Managers & Supervisors
- Team/Project Leaders
Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar).