RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
MISSED THE LIVE SESSION? No problem, Register for Recording. You will get access to recorded sessions within 6 hours.
You get lifetime access to the recording. You can watch any time as per your convenience, any number of times.
Travel Pay can be confusing due to state and federal laws. But that’s not all; the rules also differ based on several other factors. For instance, there are different rules for employees traveling on a company vehicle or their private car, or if they traveling on an assignment, etc.
And there are waiting time, commuting time, on-call time that intersects with FLSA to make things more complex for payroll professionals. There are many intricacies and nuances of handling travel pay compliantly and mistakes can be costly.
This webinar will also include IRS regulations for a better understanding around taxable and non-taxable expenses. Plus, you will learn how to properly handle spousal travel and frequent flyer miles.
- Gross Pay/Overtime Concerns
- Defining “Hours Worked”
- Preliminary and Postliminary Activities
- “On-Call” Time
- “On-Duty” Waiting Time
- Training And Seminar Time
- Travel Time
- Taxation and Expense Concerns
- IRS Travel Expense Concerns
- Accountable and Non-accountable Expense plans
- To better understand when and how you should pay employees when they travel for meetings and training
- Details around special pay concerns such as call-in, waiting time and how to understand the definition of hours worked.
- Taxation and travel expense concerns reviewed along with IRS rules
Why You Should Attend:
This webinar by payroll expert, Dayna Reum, CPP, FPC, will explain the various rules of travel pay in different circumstances when employees travel as part of their work. Dayna will cover all the DOL requirements for employees that travel, including not just travel pay for a single-day assignment but overnight stays, and take into consideration waiting time, meeting and training regulations.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Professionals
- Compensation Professionals
- HR Professionals
- Benefit Professionals
In this Recorded Session, you can listen to Q&A which includes direct answers from our expert speaker.