RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
Immigration laws and Form I-9 requirements are not on hold during the COVID-19 pandemic! Correctly completing a Form I-9, that seemingly simple form involves sifting through gray areas and often conflicting instructions that can prove to be a trap for the unwary, and often most well-intentioned employers. Even seemingly minor “paperwork” violations can land employers in hot water for non-compliance.
- Up-to-date I-9 compliance requirements
- Basic I-9 document review
- Recognize the effect of the new Form I-9 on hiring managers and field personnel
- Understand the new rules for acceptable documents used to verify employment eligibility
- E-Verify – pros and cons
- Understand the impact the new Form I-9 will have on the use of E-Verify
- Conducting a self-audit of your I-9 process
- How to avoid the common errors and omissions including recordkeeping errors
- Understanding civil and criminal penalties
- Walking the fine line between vigilance and illegal overstep when seeking proof of citizenship
- Establish best practices for reducing risks and correcting errors when using the new Form I-9
Why You Should Attend:
Attending this webinar will help you understand how to correctly fill out the I-9, and if you have made any mistakes up until now, how to correct them. You will also learn of new developments and some best practices, which should save your company from steep penalties arising out of avoidable violations.
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resource Managers
- HR Professionals
- Managers and Supervisors
- Compliance Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Non-Profit Administrators
- General Managers
- Office Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Labor Unions
Ask your question directly from our expert during the Q&A session following the live event.
**Recorded Version: Unlimited viewing for 365 days ( Access information will be emailed 36 hours after the completion of live webinar).