RECORDED TRAINING COURSE
1.5 CEUs HRCI | 1.5 PDCs SHRM | 1.5 CPEs NASBA APPROVED
Misclassifying employees and independent contractors are getting costlier by the day. With federal and state agencies joining forces to combat misclassification, fines, and penalties have skyrocketed.
And every day the misclassification continues the penalties mount up and up until this ticking time bomb finally explodes! Learn how to defuse that ticking bomb by joining renowned payroll expert Vicki M. Lambert, CPP for this information-packed webinar!
- What classifications of workers are permitted under IRS Rules
- What is the common law rule and how is it used to determine worker status
- What are the three factors the IRS uses to determine worker status and how to apply them correctly
- How the FLSA rules differ from the IRS rules and why you must follow both even as the FLSA regs are being updated in 2023
- How does the state trump both the IRS and the FLSA on determining independent contractor status with the ABC test for SUI
- What are the latest agreements or programs being used by the IRS, DOL, and the states to “find” misclassified employees
- Using the Form SS-8 to your advantage to determine worker status
- Who gets a W-2 and who gets a 1099 and why should it never be the same worker
- Find out how easily a 1099 audit can be triggered and why the chances of getting one are on the rise
- What are the penalties for misclassifying an employee as an independent contractor and who assesses them? It is not just the IRS you have to worry about.
- You found out you have a misclassified employee—now what?
Why You Should Attend:
This webinar examines what the requirements are to correctly classify a worker as an independent contractor and also the requirements for when a worker must be classified as an employee.
Who Should Attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Note: You will get access to the Recording link and E-Transcript; in your account and at your registered email address.